Alpha Launch and More: A Week of Achievements 🚀
Closed Alpha is Live!
Yes, you read that right. The app has been launched in closed alpha, and it's been a phenomenal experience so far. For those unfamiliar with tech jargon, think of it as a trial run, a sneak peek into what's coming. If you're itching to get your hands on it as an alpha tester, hold tight! Later this month, I'll be releasing a form for signups. Stay tuned!
Cost Optimization and Feedback Functionality
I'm working hard to nail down some critical aspects of the app, including the feedback function and various cost-limiting factors. The current cost forecast averages 0.18 cents per chat message when using the full bible as context. A little too high for my liking! I'm on a mission to bring that number down, making the app accessible for all.
OpenAI itself sits at .36 cents per message and spends about 700k a day to operate. I saw the other day they could be facing bankruptcy.
Not to worry, I've developed it in such a way that it's easy to switch models or even create a custom model that would be free to use.
Free Tool with Value-Add Behind a Paywall
I envision this tool as free for everyone, with some unique features tucked behind a paywall. It's a balance that needs fine-tuning. Here's where I need your input:
- Uploading Personal Study Material: Imagine being able to engage with your sermon notes or journal entries directly in the app! Do you think that would enhance your experience?
- Biblical Visualizations: From pictures of Bible scenes to visual responses from the chat agent, such as timeline graphics or infographics, or topic clusters. I would enjoy this, but I'm not sure if others would. Are you one of those others?
- But What About the Data Nerds?: As a data nerd myself, I love the idea of intricate visualizations. But is that something that intrigues you too? Or would you prefer the app to keep things simple?
Reflecting on the Week
It's been a rewarding week on the design and development front. Excitement is in the air with the closed alpha launch, and I'm both nervous and optimistic about how users will respond when the product goes live.
There are also feelings of intrigue and concern over the potential added features and their cost efficiency. But the journey has just begun, and I look forward to optimizing and enhancing the app with your support.
Action Items 🎯
- Put out a form for signup as an alpha tester later this month.
- Work on optimizing costs per chat message.
- Seek user feedback on proposed paid features (uploading study materials, visualizations).
- Explore creating timeline graphics or infographics for topic clusters within the app.
A Note on Different Perspectives
As this exciting project moves forward, it's vital to remain open to input from all of you, the users. Have you thought about what additional features you might want? Perhaps consider the balance between aesthetics and functionality. And remember, focusing on cost optimization is crucial, but quality should never be compromised. Your thoughts and suggestions are the keys to this project's success.
Your feedback and ideas mean the world to me, so please, don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Together, we can create an app that's not only informative and engaging but also a joy to use. Thanks for being part of this incredible journey! 🙏